Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken with Quinoa
Smooth, fragrant and decadent… that’s our Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken! Pair it with Quinoa and a good portion of Japanese Cucumbers for a well-balanced meal! 😋
Try our quick and easy recipe to prepare both dishes in one vacuum-insulated thermal cooker—time-efficient and energy-saving! 👍😉
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Handful Garlic Cloves (Peeled)
- 1 Can Garlic Mushroom Cream Soup
- 250ml Chicken Stock
- 4 Big Chicken Drumsticks (Pro-tip: You may want to go for frozen chicken legs as they’re typically larger!)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Can Button Mushrooms
- Butter (Quantity to preference)
- 500g Quinoa*
- 500ml Chicken Stock*
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Japanese Cucumber (Diced)
*Quantity may be adjusted to preference, but ratio of Quinoa to Chicken Stock must be kept to 1:2.
1. Heat up the inner pot of the thermal cooker on a stove / induction cooker and add butter.
2. Once your butter has melted and coated the bottom layer, add the garlic cloves, followed by the onions, and saute them for awhile. Then add the garlic mushroom cream soup, 250ml chicken stock and carrots.
3. Add the chicken drumsticks, bay leaves and button mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
4. Prepare quinoa with chicken stock on the 2nd tier (smaller inner pot) of the thermal cooker.
5. Cover with the lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Once done, transfer to the thermal cooker and let it cook for another 5 hours.
7. It’s now time to add some seasoning and toppings! Simply add a pinch of salt each to the creamy chicken and the fluffy quinoa.
8. Add 1 tbsp butter and diced Japanese cucumbers, then mix well.
9. Both dishes are now ready! Serve hot and enjoy!
For more practical items which bring everyday convenience, browse our wide range of items from Kukeri below!