Sago Dumplings with Kukeri
We decided to get creative with our rice dumplings (bak chang) and the results are fabulous! This sweet sago dumpling dessert is super versatile—we used butterfly pea, mango and pandan flavours, but feel free to add your favourite ingredients for a dumpling flavour that’s uniquely you 😛
Try our easy recipe for a dessert that’s both delicious and absolutely instagrammable 😉
Sago Dumplings Recipe
- 250g Sago
- Butterfly Pea Flower Extract (quantity to preference)
- 120g Sugar
- 100ml Water
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
1. Add sago, sugar and water to a container / bowl and mix well.
2. Add the cooking oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Add butterfly pea flower extract bit by bit, until your desired colour is achieved.
4. Set the mixture aside for at least 20 minutes.
5. Fold the softened bamboo leaves into a cone shape and add the ingredients as shown, starting with about 1 tbsp of sago mix at the bottom.
6. Once all the sago dumplings have been wrapped, prepare a stock pot with sufficient water and bring it to a boil.
7. Add the sago dumplings and boil for about 1 hour.
8. Serve the sago dumplings hot or chilled as you like. They also taste great with gula melaka syrup!
For more practical items which bring everyday convenience, browse our wide range of items from Kukeri below!P.S. If you’re looking for the recipe for traditional Hokkien Rice Dumplings or a close-up tutorial on how to wrap the dumplings, they’re here.