When we saw the news on a plate of curry chicken + veggie + rice going for $15, we knew we had a duty to share this… With a budget of $15, you can cook a whole pot of Curry Chicken for 4 pax or more! 🙈 Whip up this local delicacy at home with our cheap, fast & easy recipe for a truly economical and satisfying meal 😋
- 2 Large Potatoes (In Bite-Size Pieces)
- 1 Whole Raw Chicken
- 1 Pack Amocan Curry Chicken Complete Cooking Kit 340g (Includes 1 Packet Curry Chicken Paste + 2 Packets Coconut Premix)
- 600ml Water
1. Chop up the whole raw chicken into smaller pieces for easy consumption.
2. Add Amocan Curry Chicken Paste to the chicken and mix thoroughly, ensuring even distribution of the paste.
3. Leave the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate. For optimum freshness, keep the chicken in an air-tight container with the lid closed.
4. When time’s up, heat up the inner pot of the thermal cooker on a stove / induction cooker. Add the marinated chicken and potatoes (in bite-sized pieces) to the inner pot.
5. Add the 2 packets of Amocan Coconut Premix into 600ml of water. Stir well and pour the mixture into the pot.
6. Bring to a boil. If you’d like to, you can also steam rice on the 2nd tier (smaller inner pot) of the thermal cooker.
7. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 2 hours
8. Your fragrant curry chicken is ready! Serve hot with rice or sliced baguette, or simply savour the flavourful dish on its own!
Get your multi-functional Kukeri Thermal Cooker and shop flavourful pastes and cooking kits from Amocan below for more fuss-free, delicious meals!